Insulo has leveraged its extensive experience with thermo-compression technology to develop a groundbreaking new process called Insulo L&S. This innovative technique enables non-woven polyester fibers to be compressed into a high-performance, 100% thermoplastic composite part with attractive decorative surfaces—all in a single shot process. With Insulo L&S, you can achieve exceptional performance and aesthetic results in a highly efficient manner.
OEM Key requirements
- The Insulo L&S Technology results in the creation of a light, yet high performance, anisotropic composite.
- Compared to woven long fiber thermoplastic composites, the mechanical properties are slightly lower but by using non-woven recycled fibers, the price level is substantially lower.
- In addition, low pressure and cold moulding allow for simpler tooling, making the process ideal for low to midrange volume projects.
The Vitalo Group response : a Insulo solution
- High strength / weight ratio
- High impact strength
- 100 % thermoplastic composite
- Using recycled material
- Easy to tweak
- Decorative textile possible
- Low raw material price
- Low tooling cost
- Fast time to market
- Parts dimensions up to 2.4m x 1.7m